Given the current situation, created by the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19), from ACRP we are implementing a series of initiatives to continue developing the diffusion of the activities of repair, reinforcement and protection of all kind of structures and buildings made of different materials (concrete, steel, …).
In this case, the initiative consists of launching webinars for professionals related to the activities of the industry: video workshop or presentations, live broadcast and hosted online.
Using a specific platform, webinar participants can watch the presentation and follow the speaker’s explanations, as well as interact through a chat and ask their own questions.
The topics to be discussed during the webinar will be the following:
- Part 1: Presentation
- What is ACRP?
- Why do we do this webinar?
- What is the working group bridges and how to get involved?
- Part 2: Introduction to bridges
- Why are bridges important?
- How do the bridges age?
- Why are bridges relevant for the communications by land?
- What were the principles of construction throughout history?
- What materials are used most often on bridges?
- Part 3: Pathologies on bridges
- What are the most frequent pathologies on bridges?
- What are the main causes for pathologies on bridges?
- Practical examples
- Part 4: Maintenance of bridges
- What is a Maintenance Booklet / ID of a bridge?
- What would be the advantages of developing a Maintenance Booklet / ID for each bridge?
- What is included in the Maintenance Booklet / ID of the structure?
- How to know in which condition is the bridge?
- How to keep track of the actions carried out on the bridge?
- Part 5: Questions and comments from participants
Dates and timetable
Wednesday, September 30th, 2020.
The webinar will have the following timetable (all hours are Brussels time, Central European):
14:55 – The webinar room opens, to test connections
15:00 – Webinar starts
16:00 – Webinar ends
The panelists will be:
Mr. Christian Tridon, STRRES
Mr. Amelie Shafer, FNTP
This webinar has already taken place.