Civil engineering infrastructures are subject to aggressive environments, ageing of their components and materials, and changes or exceptional operating conditions that may damage them.
The Symposium about the Bridge maintenance and safety in Europe aims to put forward the problematic of the maintenance of engineering works, in the respect of the environment and the necessity to decrease the carbon footprint.
June 03 (Friday)
9.00-9.15: Official Opening
Presentation of the day: Christian Tridon (STRRES – FIEC & ACRP) with Alex Taylor (Journalist)
Speakers: Adina-Ioana Vălean, European Commissioner for Transport (tbc), and Thomas Bauer, President of FIEC
9.15-9.30: Presentation of the trans-European transport network
9.30-10.30 First round table:
What is at stake in a transport policy that is useful, safe and part of the necessary ecological transition?
- Dominique Riquet, Member of the European Parliament
- Herald Ruitjers, Director, DG MOVE (tbc)
- A representative of the French Presidency of the Council of the European Union (tbc)
- Thomas Bauer, President of FIEC
10.30-11.00 Coffee break, networking and exhibition
11.00-12.30 Second round table:
The maintenance of engineering structures: an open path for the ecological transition?
- Pekka Vuorinen, Finnish Association of Construction Product industries and Platform on Sustainable Finance (EU Taxonomy)
- Richard Mulder (Bouwend Netherlands)
- Representative of an NGO (tbc)
- Vincent Piron (Vice-Chairman of the “Infrastructure & Financing” working group, FIEC)
12.30-14.00: Lunch break, networking and exhibition
14.00-15.30 Third round table:
Crossed views on the maintenance of engineering structures in Europe. What are the different models?
- Ralph Holst, Bast, Germany
- A Matteo Castiglioni, ANAS, Italy
- David Zambon, Center for studies and expertise on risks, environment, mobility and development (CEREMA), France
- Alvaro Navareño Rojo, Ministerio de Transportes, Movilidad y Agenda Urbana, Spain
15.30-16.00 Coffee break, networking and exhibition
16.00-17.30 Fourth round table:
Digital and ecological transition: two intertwined challenges for maintenance?
- Xavier Neuschwander, President of the Innovation Commission of the National Federation of Public Works (FNTP)
- A representative of the Joint Research Center (tbc)
- Rafal Stanecki, DG MOVE
- Pierre Gilles, French-speaking Secretary of the PIARC Technical Committee “Bridges”
Christian Tridon and Alex Taylor
You can check the marketing opportunities of the symposium in the following PDF file.
The space chosen to hold the professional program of the Symposium about the Bridge maintenance and safety in Europe 2022 is:
Le Plaza Hotel Brussels
Bld Adolphe Max 118-126 – 1000 Brussels (BELGIUM)
The registration fees for the professional program are as follows: